- The report is prepared by the Director of Interventional Cardiology, Dr. Fayaz Shawl.
- Nawaz Sharif is expected to stay in London until his angiogram as it could worsen his condition, according to reports.
- The report reveals that Sharif is under intense stress after the death of his wife Kulsoom Nawaz and is urged to continue his activities without any mental stress.
LAHORE: Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s latest medical report has been submitted to the Lahore High Court (LHC) saying doctors advised him not to travel, Geo News reported Tuesday.
The report was prepared by the Director of Interventional Cardiology, Dr. Fayaz Shawl, which was submitted to the court through attorney Amjad Pervez.
According to the report, Nawaz Sharif should stay in London until his angiogram as it could worsen his condition.
The report further states that Sharif should continue to take his medication and take walks in the fresh air, adding that “he should take precautionary measures to protect himself from COVID-19 and should refrain from traveling or visiting crowded places because the virus can have serious effects. on him because of his heart disease”.
The report also revealed that the PML-N supremo is under intense stress after the death of his wife Kulsoom Nawaz and is urged to continue his activities without any mental stress.
Nawaz Sharif had started taking Empagliflozin 10mg to control his diabetes which affected his kidneys; therefore, his condition should be taken seriously, the report said.
In the report, Dr Shawl said he could be contacted if there were any questions regarding Sharif’s report.
Such medical reports make a mockery of the legal system, the laws: Chaudhry
On the other hand, Federal Minister of Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry called Sharif’s report “interesting”.
Speaking about the report, he said the doctor living in Washington had prepared a report on Nawaz, who is in London.
He questioned the ex-prime minister and said the doctor living in another country had reported that Nawaz was unable to travel, adding that “such medical reports make a mockery of the justice system and the laws”.
Chaudhry called the report ‘fake’ and said Nawaz Sharif had an easy way out which is to return Pakistani citizens’ money and stay in London as ‘sending such fake reports will not help him’ .
He said the only thing missing from the report was that Nawaz Sharif should only walk in Hyde Park.
The minister said the Sharif family was sending a bunch of fake reports. “I hope the court will take notice of the false report,” he added.
A timeline of the case of Nawaz Sharif
- On the night of October 21-22, 2019, Nawaz Sharif’s condition deteriorated and he was transferred to hospital.
- On October 25, Nawaz Sharif was released on medical bail in the Chaudhry Sugar Mills case.
- On October 26, Nawaz Sharif was released on provisional bail for humanitarian reasons in the Al-Azizia case.
- On October 26, Nawaz Sharif suffered a mild heart attack, Punjab Health Minister Yasmeen Rashid confirmed.
- On October 29, Nawaz Sharif’s sentence was suspended for two months for medical reasons in the Al-Azizia case.
- He was discharged from Nawaz Sharif Services Hospital and transferred to Jati Umra.
- On November 8, Shahbaz Sharif requested the Interior Ministry to remove Nawaz Sharif’s name from the Exit Control List (ECL).
- On November 12, the federal cabinet gave Nawaz Sharif conditional permission to leave the country.
- On November 14, PML-N challenged the bail condition in the Lahore High Court.
- On November 16, the Lahore High Court granted permission for Nawaz Sharif to travel abroad for medical treatment.
- On November 19, 2019, Nawaz Sharif left for London for his treatment.