Daman now offers instant bookings of medical appointments for its members

Abu Dhabi:The National Health Insurance Company – Daman has partnered with the UAE’s Okadoc instant medical appointment booking platform, which is easily accessible to insured members through Daman’s mobile app.

This strategic partnership gives Daman’s Enhanced and Abu Dhabi Basic plan members hassle-free visibility of the healthcare providers included in their policy network, and they can refine their search based on location, specialty and type. tongue. With just a few clicks, patients can book appointments, receive reminders, reschedule or cancel – all on the go.

“We pride ourselves on our experience in delivering exceptional digital experiences to our members, which is part of our strategy of focusing on innovation and empowering our people to be creative and innovative in all areas of their work, and we believe that self-service is a natural extension of our smart services, ”added Al Neyadi.

Fodhil Benturquia, CEO and Founder of Okadoc, added: “Delivering a seamless patient experience starts with hassle-free doctor appointments. Accessibility to online health services helps patients stay better connected and gives them the impression of having more control over their time. Our strategic partnership with Daman marks the first of many such collaborations with insurers. The fact that the former was with the UAE’s leading insurance provider makes it even more exciting. With this partnership, we have reached patients wherever they are, on desktop or mobile applications, the application of the health organization or as is currently the case, with the application of the insurer- sickness.

At the launch, more than 50% of the preferred network of hospitals and doctors of Daman members have already signed up for direct appointment booking through the Daman app, a number that is increasing hour by hour. This includes the Health Plus Clinic, Mediclinic and Medcare hospitals. Care providers in the Daman network, who are not on the Okadoc platform today, can register for the service free of charge, in order to facilitate the appointment process for Daman members via the applications and benefit from the platform.

Daman members are encouraged to download Daman’s mobile app via iOS and Android.

-Ends-

About the National Health Insurance Company – Daman

The National Health Insurance Company – Daman is the leading health insurer in the United Arab Emirates, providing comprehensive health insurance solutions to 2.5 million members in the United Arab Emirates.

Daman is part of ADQ, one of the largest holding companies in the region with a diverse portfolio of leading companies spanning key sectors of Abu Dhabi’s diverse economy. ADQ owns 80% of Daman’s shares and the remaining 20% ​​is owned by Munich Re which is also a strategic partner.

Daman, a pioneer in health insurance, drives innovation through a combination of cutting-edge technology and healthcare-related expertise delivered by a highly skilled and knowledgeable workforce. Members enjoy added value through unique offerings such as disease management programs. Daman provides a 24/7 customer call center and medical service authorization team that are in direct contact with the Daman network of approximately 3,000 medical establishments. The company also offers a diverse range of digital services unrivaled in the UAE.

Daman has set high standards in the health insurance industry and has received a number of internationally recognized awards and quality-oriented certifications within a relatively short period of time.

On Okadoc:

Okadoc is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to improve the healthcare experience for all. It is the region’s first instant online appointment booking platform that seamlessly connects healthcare providers and their patients.

Part of HUB71 – Abu Dhabi’s global tech ecosystem, Okadoc was named Arab Startup of the Year and Healthcare Innovator of the Year at Entrepreneur Magazine’s Agility Awards.

Patients can use Okadoc.com to find doctors in over 60 specialties who accept their insurance, instantly book online appointments for in-person or video consultation, receive reminders, reschedule, cancel or even request availability. anticipated online.

Okadoc provides a fully interoperable solution that integrates with hospital and clinic management systems. It helps healthcare providers reduce no-shows, optimize their reservations, offer online video consultations, and attract and engage new patients.

Media contacts
Daman
Matt Wickens
Four communications
[email protected]

© Press release 2021


Source link